Scholarship Program 2018-2019
********SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION EVENING THURSDAY 3 MAY @ 5:30pm*******
ISF is committed to providing a wide range of learning opportunities across all areas of the curriculum, nurturing individual students’ potential. As part of this commitment, students with special talents and enthusiasm for learning are invited to apply for the scholarships on offer.
The ISF Academic Scholarship Program is open to all students born on or before 01 September 2008 as follows:
- Entry Level 1: For candidates aged 8 to 9 entering ISF Upper Primary School ISF Class 5 (Belgian Class 3 / UK Year 4)
- 3 year scholarships available to complete Primary School education worth up to 100% of annual fees
- Entry Level 2: For candidates aged 11 to 12 entering ISF Secondary school ISF Class MY1 (Belgian Class 6 / UK Year 7)
- 3 year scholarships available to complete pre-IGCSE education worth up to 100% of annual fees
- For candidates aged 14 to 15 entering Year 1 of International General Certificate of Secondary Education ISF Class IGCSE 1 (Belgian Secondary Class 3 / UK Year 10)
- 4 year scholarships available to complete Secondary and Pre-University Education worth up to 100% of annual fees plus Cambridge exam fees
- For candidates aged 16 to 17 entering Year 1 of Cambridge International Advanced Level ISF Class AL1 (Belgian Secondary Class 5 / UK Year 12)
- 2 year scholarships available to complete Secondary and Pre-University Education worth up to 100% of annual fees plus Cambridge exam fees
ISF scholarships are awarded on the basis of:
- scholarship application (including personal statement)
- previous school reports
- the ISF scholarship exams
- An interview with the ISF panel.
Scholarships are offered to both prospective and current ISF students. ISF awards a significant number of scholarships and may vary the number and amount of scholarships to reflect the quality of applicants and the availability of places. English is the language of instruction and assessment at ISF, therefore, a student must meet the school’s English language requirements to be eligible for a scholarship place.
Scholarship Process & Terms and Conditions
Process for applying for an ISF Scholarship:
- Complete and submit an ISF General Application Form for admission as well as a Scholarship Application Form and provide the past two school reports. Documentation needs to be sent by email to email@example.com
- Successful submissions will receive an invitation to one of 3 testing days (24 March, 12 April and 26 May) and an invoice for the scholarship fee. If these dates are not suitable the family can request another school day.
- A student’s name will be registered for the examination on receipt of the payment of the scholarship fee of 250 euros per student. The application fee covers administrative costs and is non-refundable.
- Students sit an examination (more details below)
- Within one week of the examination, the top scoring 20% of Primary and Middle Years students and the top 40% of IGCSE and A Level students will be invited for an interview to assess the student’s motivation and suitability for our school.
- Successful scholarship candidates will receive a written offer, including the value of the scholarship.
- Upon acceptance of an offer from ISF, families should confirm the enrolment by signing the letter provided and pay the school registration fee (500 euros, reduced by 250 due to scholarship application fee payment) and the school development fund (1000 euros). Offers are only valid for commencement in 2018-2019 academic year and can not be deferred.
- Student Visas are the responsibility of parents where applicable.
How will the applicants be assessed?
- Applicants must provide evidence of excellent levels of academic achievement, or, in the case of Primary School applicants, show academic promise from previous school reports, alongside the ISF examination results
- Students who show a particular talent for and dedication to a single academic or art-related field may be given special consideration and must provide evidence of such achievement
Attitudes to Learning:
- Behaviour, Social Contribution and Motivation: applicants must provide evidence of good behaviour and a positive contribution to the social climate of the school/community
- Attendance: applicants must provide evidence of consistent school attendance
- 15 minute interview with the ISF scholarship panel
- Tuition fees (amount as stated in letter of offer)
- Cambridge Examination fees (for IG and A Level students)
Scholarships do not cover:
- Scholarship application fee: 250 euros
- Registration Fee (750 - 250 = 500 euros)
- School development fund (1000 euros)
- Residential school trips
- Before and After school care (applicable for Primary students)
Scholarships could be withdrawn due to:
- Failure to pay above stated fees
- More than 10% non-attendance
- Poor behaviour as stated in ISF’s behaviour policy
- A Significant drop in academic performance (evaluated at the end of each year)
Examination Dates and Times
Saturday 24 March and Thursday 12 April (during school holidays) and Saturday 26 May
Upper Primary Scholarship
9:00 - 10:00 Examination one
10:15 - 11:15 Examination two
Middle Years Scholarship
9:00 -10:00 English
10:15 -11:15 Maths
11:15 -12:15 Science
9:00 -10:30 English
10:45 - 12:15 Maths
12:15 -12:45 Lunch
12:45 - 14:15 Science
A Level scholarship (all day starting at 9:00)
A 1 ½ hour exam for each subject the candidate is hoping to take
Art students will also be required to bring 4 pieces of samples of work